The Oswald Academy conducts week-long workshops about the Rules of Golf in recorded versions – get access immediately.
Level 2 and Level 3.
I have workshops for both level 2 and for level 3:
Level 2: 70-89 %
- Level 2 is for medium-highly skilled Rules officials, Rules geeks and all other interested in the Rules of Golf.
- To be eligible for Level 2-workshops, you must have a level where you expect to pass the exam (R&A Level 2 exam, the USGA 80 questions exam or the Oswald Academy Level II exam) with at least 70 %*.
- * = No documentation is needed.
Level 3: 90-100 %.
- Level 3 is for highly skilled Rules officials, Rules geeks and all other interested in the Rules of Golf.
- To be eligible for Level 3-workshops, you must within the recent 5 years have either:
- … obtained a score of at least 90 %* in a R&A Level 3 exam or the USGA 100 questions exam, or
- … obtained a score of at least 95 %* in the R&A Level 2 exam or the USGA 80 questions exam.
- … obtained a score of at least 45.000 points in The Oswald Academy Level II workshop exam..
* = Documentation is required to be eligible for these workshops. Now and then I allow someone to attend, although they do not meet the requirements, if they have skills that make me satisfied that they can end up in – or near – the 90-100 %. Such skills could be…:
- …refereeing experience.
- …teaching experience.
- …board memberships.
- …experience as a Rules official.
Please send me a short e-mail to email@example.com with an application and I will consider it.
Facts in short.
Here is what will be included:
- Five videos, approximately 2 hours each. A total of 10 hours of teaching.
- Take an exam similar to the R&A/USGA exam:
- Level 2: Take an exam similar to the R&A Level 2 exam or the USGA 80 questions exam.
- Level 3: Take an exam similar to the R&A Level 3 exam (TARS) or the USGA 100 questions exam
- Get a brush-up on both “normal” Rules and more difficult Rules.
- Immediate access – access for one year.
Everybody is welcome (see special requirements for Level 3-workshops, though). The profile of a participant is typically this:
- Those studying for the USGA or R&A exam.
- People who have taken the R&A/USGA exam earlier and want to remain current.
- People volunteering in golf clubs as Rules officials, Rules referees, tournament staff, etc.
- People teaching in the Rules of Golf at their golf club.
- Anyone with a general interest in the Rules of Golf.
- Members on the board in golf clubs (for the “Mens Corner”, “Ladies Section”, Senior Section”, the club board, etc.)
- People who want to learn the new 2023-Rules of Golf.
You will be taught many of the Rules including Local Rules (Level 2), and Clarifications and Committee Procedures (Level 3). The teaching will be:
- Normal “slideshow” teaching.
- Videos of relevant Rules situations.
- Stories from “real life”!
You will be taught by Brian Nygaard Oswald, personally. Brian (Master of Laws, L.LM) is the founder and CEO of The Oswald Academy and – besides having an excellent knowledge to the Rules of Golf – is a very experienced teacher. He insists that learning should be fun and interesting, so don’t expect the Rules of Golf to be boring!
How to buy.
You can buy access using the links below: