Workshops (online – live)
The Oswald Academy conducts week-long workshops about the Rules of Golf.
Level 2 and Level 3.
I have workshops for both level 2 and for level 3:
Level 2: 70-89 %
- Level 2 is for medium-highly skilled Rules officials, Rules geeks and all other interested in the Rules of Golf.
- To be eligible for Level 2-workshops, you must have a level where you expect to pass the exam (R&A Level 2 exam, the USGA 80 questions exam or the Oswald Academy Level II exam) with at least 70 %*.
- * = No documentation is needed.
Level 3: 90-100 %.
- Level 3 is for highly skilled Rules officials, Rules geeks and all other interested in the Rules of Golf.
- To be eligible for Level 3-workshops, you must within the recent 5 years have either:
- … obtained a score of at least 90 %* in a R&A Level 3 exam or the USGA 100 questions exam, or
- … obtained a score of at least 95 %* in the R&A Level 2 exam or the USGA 80 questions exam.
- … obtained a score of at least 45.000 points in The Oswald Academy Level II workshop exam..
* = Documentation is required to be eligible for these workshops. Now and then I allow someone to attend, although they do not meet the requirements, if they have skills that make me satisfied that they can end up in – or near – the 90-100 %. Such skills could be…:
- …refereeing experience.
- …teaching experience.
- …board memberships.
- …experience as a Rules official.
Please send me a short e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with an application and I will consider it.
Facts in short.
Here is what will be included:
- 2 hours of teaching Monday-Friday. A total of 10 hours of teaching.
- Take an exam similar to the R&A/USGA exam:
- Level 2: Take an exam similar to the R&A Level 2 exam or the USGA 80 questions exam.
- Level 3: Take an exam similar to the R&A Level 3 exam (TARS) or the USGA 100 questions exam
- Get an overview of all new 2023-Rules.
- Get a brush-up on both “normal” Rules and more difficult Rules.
- Level 2: $295 (discounts available – see below).
- Level 3: $345 (discounts available – see below)
- (HAS BEEN HELD) November 21-25, 2022 – 3-5 AM or 1-3 PM (both US Eastern time).
- (HAS BEEN HELD) December 12-16, 2022 – 5-7 AM or 3-5 PM (both US Eastern time).
- (HAS BEEN HELD) January 23-27, 2023 – 3-5 AM or 1-3 PM (both US Eastern time).
- (HAS BEEN HELD) February 13-17, 2023 – 3-5 AM or 1-3 PM (both US Eastern time).
- (HAS BEEN HELD) April 17-21, 2023 – 3-5 AM or 1-3 PM (both US Eastern time).
- June 12-16, 2023 – 3-5 AM or 1-3 PM (both US Eastern time).
- (HAS BEEN HELD) March 6-10 2023 – 3-5 AM or 1-3 PM (both US Eastern time) (eligibility requirements).
- (HAS BEEN HELD): May 15-19 – 3-5 AM or 1-3 PM (both US Eastern time) (eligibility requirements).
- June 26-30, 2023 – 3-5 AM or 1-3 PM (both US Eastern time).
More dates to come.
Be aware that due to flexibility (we have customers all over the world) each workshop is offered at two different times on the same day – so you can choose whichever time is best for you. Early times (3-5 AM and 5-7 AM) are typically for students in Europe, Asia, Australia etc. and later times (1-3 PM and 3-5 PM) are for people in United States, Canada, Mexico, etc.
If you cannot attend the actual workshop, you can buy access to the most recent workshop – for the same price.
And if you are not available all five days, no problem: You will get a replay video by e-mail of the workshop(s) that you missed!
-> The price is $ 295 (Level 2) and § 345 (Level 3).
(The USGA charges $ 375).
The price includes:
- Two hours of daily webinar instruction, Monday-Friday.
- Access to sit a Rules exam (below) and get a diploma (valued at $75-100).
After the workshop, you will get the option to sit for the online exam, and you can choose between an exam similar to:
- (Level 2): The USGA 80 questions exam and the R&A Level 2 exam.
- (Level 3): The USGA 100 questions exam and the R&A Level 3 exam (TARS).
After passing the exam, you will receive a certificate, signed by CEO Brian Nygaard Oswald.
Everybody is welcome (see special requirements for Level 3-workshops, though). The profile of a participant is typically this:
- Those studying for the USGA or R&A exam.
- People who have taken the R&A/USGA exam earlier and want to remain current.
- People volunteering in golf clubs as Rules officials, Rules referees, tournament staff, etc.
- People teaching in the Rules of Golf at their golf club.
- Anyone with a general interest in the Rules of Golf.
- Members on the board in golf clubs (for the “Mens Corner”, “Ladies Section”, Senior Section”, the club board, etc.)
- People who want to learn the new 2023-Rules of Golf.
You will be taught many of the Rules including Local Rules (Level 2), and Clarifications and Committee Procedures (Level 3). The teaching will be:
- Normal “slideshow” teaching.
- Videos of relevant Rules situations.
- Stories from “real life”!
You will be able to “chat” with the teacher during the workshop.
You will be taught by Brian Nygaard Oswald, personally. Brian (Master of Laws, L.LM) is the founder and CEO of The Oswald Academy and – besides having an excellent knowledge to the Rules of Golf – is a very experienced teacher. He insists that learning should be fun and interesting, so don’t expect the Rules of Golf to be boring!
How to enroll.
Enroll by contacting The Oswald Academy at email@example.com or +25 2925 8636. There are 25 spots in each workshop – registration is on a first come first served basis.
Both the Level II and the Level III workshop comes in a recorded version, where you can buy immediate access – the price is 20 $ less than the live version – read more here.